Please note: When you have finished selecting your baggage option, please select your transportation option.
Registration is open to select your baggage option for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon. To select your option, log into your NYRR account and take the following steps:
- Go to your Dashboard
- Click Registered Events
- Scroll down to the Marathon to make your selection
Registration will close on the following dates:
- General runners: September 4
- Charity runners (including NYRR Team for Kids): September 12
- International Tour Operator runners: September 18
If you register for the marathon through an International Tour Operator (ITO), please connect with your respective ITO manager to confirm the baggage-option selection process.
Please note that information is subject to change.
The post-race poncho option offers two advantages:
- After you finish the marathon, you will have the earliest exit from Central Park and quickest access to Family Reunion and public transportation.
- You will receive a waterproof, wind-resistant Marathon Finish Poncho to keep you warm and dry, distributed after you exit from Central Park at 77th Street.
We recommend the post-race poncho option for runners who:
- Do not need specific items at the start.
- Can have friends or family members meet them in Family Reunion.
- Live or have accommodation in or near NYC.
- Are experienced in running marathons and understand the post-finish experience.
After you receive your post-race amenities, you can follow the color-coded signs that match your wristband and bib label to exit the park. The exit is approximately 1/2 mile from the finish line; it takes most runners 20-30 minutes to exit.