New this year, registration for selecting the bag-check option or the post-race poncho option for race day will open July 11, 2017, and close August 22, 2017, with later deadlines for runners who enter the race after August 22. Stay tuned for details, and please note that options are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so we can safely manage the post-race flow of runners. For more information, visit the Baggage: Your Options page.
The post-race poncho option offers two advantages:
- After you finish the marathon, you will have the earliest exit from Central Park and quickest access to Family Reunion and public transportation.
- You will receive a waterproof, wind-resistant Marathon Finish Poncho to keep you warm and dry, distributed after you exit from Central Park at 77th Street.
We recommend the post-race poncho option for runners who:
- Do not need specific items at the start.
- Can have friends or family members meet them in Family Reunion.
- Live or have accommodation in or near NYC.
- Are experienced in running marathons and understand the post-finish experience.
After you receive your post-race amenities, you can follow the color-coded signs that match your wristband and bib label to exit the park. The exit is approximately 1/2 mile from the finish line; it takes most runners 20-30 minutes to exit.