Runners will be given a deadline by which they should select their baggage and transportation options. (The baggage and transportation selection deadline for 2016 was July 31.) These options are outlined on the Baggage: Your Options page.
The post-race poncho option offers two advantages:
- After you finish the marathon, you will have the earliest exit from Central Park and quickest access to Family Reunion and public transportation.
- You will receive a waterproof, wind-resistant Marathon Finish Poncho to keep you warm and dry, distributed after you exit from Central Park at 77th Street.
We recommend the post-race poncho option for runners who:
- Do not need specific items at the start.
- Can have friends or family members meet them in Family Reunion.
- Live or have accommodation in or near NYC.
- Are experienced in running marathons and understand the post-finish experience.
After you receive your post-race amenities, you can follow the color-coded signs that match your wristband and bib label to exit the park. The exit is approximately 1/2 mile from the finish line; it takes most runners 20-30 minutes to exit.